Learn to freedive down to a maximum depth of 20m/66 feet!
This program teaches fundamental Freediving techniques for comfortable enjoyment in the aquatic world to depths of 20m / 66ft. You will also practice Static Apnea to help develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.
Your PFI Freediver course will cover fundamental topics such as:
• Essential Safety procedures for Breath-Holding at Freediver Level
• Proper Breathing Techniques for Freediving and Snorkeling
• Confined-Water skill development i.e. Static Apnea
• Open-Water skill development i.e. technique for Deep Diving!
• Equalization for Deep Diving
• Equipment for Freediving and Snorkeling
• The fundamental Physics & Physiology of Freediving—what happens to your body at depths!
• You’re interested in learning the fundamental techniques of Freediving
• You’re new to Freediving
• You typically dive in the shallows
• You want to dive Safely
• You want to hold your breath Longer
• You want to Dive Deeper
Download and review the PFI medical form. If you say YES to any questions you may need to get doctors approval to take part in the course. Email us if you have any questions about the medical form.
This course is taught by highly trained PFI Instructors at locations all over the world. The PFI Freediver course includes:
• Classroom Sessions,
• 2 Confined-Water Sessions, and
• 2 Open-Water Sessions.
The schedule and layout/order of these sessions varies slightly by location. The program is typically run over 2/2.5 days depending on the location of your course. Click the “Location & Schedule Information” link on any particular course to find out exact schedule for that program.
• Swimming or snorkeling experience
• Good health and fitness –see PFI Medical Form
• 12 years of age with guardian permission
For this course, each diver is responsible for bringing his or her own equipment
• Mask & Snorkel
• Full Wetsuit (3mm for warm-water locations; 5-7mm for cold-water locations)
• Timing device or Dive Computer